pretty

November 17, 2014

Words.

"Mom, I said 'Hi' to my soke-detector! Did you know that soke-detectors are really nice?!"

London was terrified of her smoke detector. For weeks, she woke up in the middle of the night, crying, screaming, that her smoke detector was going to get her. WHAT?! We tried everything we could think of to reassure her, and finally found success in convincing her that the smoke detector is an exceptionally nice friend. And now my daughter talks to her smoke detector.

Elle is blossoming into quite the little personality. It is amazing to see how different she is from London. London was dainty, docile, proper, and quiet. Elle is bubbly, vivacious, chatty, dramatic, and messy. London cried if her hands got dirty while eating a meal, and would literally pause and wait for me to wash them. Elle plays with her food, banging her hands on her tray, and throws her food all around her, with the most delightful smile on her face. She is so ticklish that I can't even put socks on her feet without her squealing! All day long, she brings me stories to read to her over and over again. She starts to whimper each time I say "the end" and set the story down. These are the words she knows so far...

Hi
Hello
Bye
Dad
Mommy
No (it is my FAVORITE! Like, I need to record her saying NO because I can't handle how cute it is!)
Boo (her nickname)
Puppy
Go
Wow
Yeah

London's vocabulary has suddenly exploded, too! Out of nowhere, she started using words like:

extraordinary
terrific
imagination
outstanding
enormous

Each time I hear her say a new word, I get so excited!

London asked me the other day, "Mom, what does 'love' mean?"
"Love is when someone is really special to you, and you want to be with them all the time."
"Oh."(pause)... "I love Taylor."

At their soccer party.

The whole adorable team!

London was thrilled to be Snow White for Halloween. As I was curling her hair, she said, "Oh, no! Mom, Snow White has black hair! Not RED hair!" She went trick-or-treating with her cousins--- and collected candy in her "Halloween purse-hat".


Church Halloween Party.

A few weeks ago, an ad for Disney On Ice came on our TV. London immediately jumped up from her seat and came running to me. She cried, "Mom, Minnie Mouse is coming to Washington! Can we go to Disneyland Ice?! Please?! I really want to go to Disneyland Ice!" She counted down the days, the hours, and the minutes, and then I took her, dressed up as Ariel, on a Mommy-daughter date, to "Disneyland Ice".

 If you're thinking about taking your daughter to Disney On Ice, stop thinking, and take her. It is a three-year-old's paradise. For two entire hours, London was completely enthralled by the show! She sat on my lap, laughing and singing and clapping, and when it was over, she asked if we
could watch it again!
The finale!

2 comments:

Kari said...

I just love London's curly Snow White hair, and Elle's spunk :) And now I'm considering taking Lydia to Disney on Ice. Never really wanted to before, but if London enjoyed it that much, it must be pretty good!

bristyl said...

It really is! Next year, they're doing "Frozen on Ice". It sounds adorable :)