pretty

October 7, 2015

Call me Bella.


Things I can do while holding a baby:
1) Prepare/eat meals
2) Read books
3) Brush my teeth
4) Vacuum
5) Talk on the phone
6) Type this blog

Things I can do while holding 2 babies:
1) Sit
2) Stand
3) Walk
4) Call out to London for help

Let's start with Henry...
Henry is ALL boy. He is thick and dense. He is the fussier baby, with the most incredible set of lungs----but he is also the smiliest! He is very particular, and only likes being held on your knees while you sit down, or pressed against your chest with his head tilted back. I am his favorite person, and I love it.



Juliette is a tiny little angel baby. She squeaks more than she cries, and would rather cuddle with you than do anything else in the world. She lets everyone hold her. After eating, she burps like a 40-year-old-man. I have a feeling she'll be the peacemaker in our family.




The girls are adjusting to the twins as I expected. London revels in her new responsibilities as the "biggest" sister. When the twins are upset, she runs to their side to sing them songs, or tell them, "It's alright, it's alright! Don't cry, don't cry!"---and then reports to me, "Uh, Mom? It's not working." Elle is finally getting better at waiting for me when I'm busy with the twins, but we still have hard days. She loves to say, "Hi the twins!" and "Bebe Julet so cute!" She can't tell them apart yet...

The hardest thing about having twins is consuming enough calories to feed them. I feel like Michael Phelps when he was training for the Olympics. Or Bella Swan when she first became a vampire. All I do is eat, and I am STARVING. I read all these twin books during my pregnancy, and not one gave me a heads-up on this fascinating phenomenon: By the way, you will eat your body weight in food every day.

The days are long and exhausting, and it takes me one hour to prepare to leave my house. Friends still come over to help me, so I can shower before noon, or take an afternoon nap, and there is a carpool that takes London to school that I don't even help drive in. And now I understand the phrase: "It takes a village." I sure love my village.




"Are they twins? Are they boys or girls?"---- questions that make me doubt the survival of the human race.
Our first family outing....
A walking circus.

5 comments:

CONTACT LAYTHE WITH CARDS, LETTERS AND PAPERBACK BOOKS said...

BB, I love the blog but you need to make one correction. Papi is Henner's favorite. Sorry.

Erin said...

I love the updates and the pictures! You should bring one (or both) of those cuties to book club (we can pretend the babes are having their own little pre-book club).

Unknown said...

haha you are the best Bristyl, can you please elaborate on the hard days so that I don't feel like you are handling 4 like a total breeze and I'm a lunatic with 2?! They are so cute. I'm thinking it will be literally impossible for you to take all 4 to the grocery store yourself for at least a year, so I hope people are bringing you tons and tons of food! Nursing makes me starving always so I can't even imagine how much you must need to eat for two!

bristyl said...

Hahaha I like the idea of one at a time!

bristyl said...

Yesterday, it was 2 pm before I wasn't holding one or both babies. Kyle had to walk me to bed when he finally got home from work at 9:30 pm. TADA! Haha, and yes, I have yet to go grocery shopping with all 4...maybe next year.