pretty

May 27, 2016

Kind of Wonderful

Here is our first official family picture as a family of six! The talented Kristina Chartier took these pictures for us. The one of the girls is my MOST favorite!

So much has happened with our family over the past few weeks! First, my older sister Taryn had a family brunch to celebrate her pregnancy. A baby girl, Layla, will be joining her family at the end of July. I can't believe how much I already love my little niece. Quite frankly, I'm not sure I'll ever let anyone else hold her. Layla's life is a miracle, and Taryn is going to be the most caring and devoted mother. I am in awe of the blessings that have been poured out on her and her husband, and I know of no one more deserving!



London spends all day coloring pictures for everyone she knows, and writing them notes. She drew this gem after getting in trouble, for something I wish I could remember. 


Count them: TWO blue, broken hearts. And one heart is so broken, it's actually. in. pieces. She explained every detail of the drawing to each member of my family.
   
Also, she discovered this new phenomenon where if she sounds out each letter, she can form words, and then sentences. I woke up yesterday from a Sunday nap to a note that said, "Dear Mom, I cleaned the whole house." Oh yes.
We are also finally done with London's dance and music classes for the summer! She is a natural on EVERY stage. This is her after her dance recital...
And her Let's Play Music recital. She played "I Am Learning How to Skip" on her bells, and has, if I do say so myself, perfect pitch.


Since Taryn relocated from Vancouver B.C. to Orange County, we have spent a few beach days with her in Laguna Beach. On this particular trip, we met OJ's mother for the first time. Caroline was so kind and playful with the kids- and sweet little Elle called her Grandma all day long.
Her hair gets so curly in the salty air.

Speaking of Elle, she's just as chatty as ever. Her new favorite word is "really". 
"Come here, Ellie. It's time for dinner."
"Mom, I willy, willy, willy can't, Mom. I can't do it. Okay? Sorry, Mom."

She also has a new "husband" every day- some toy or stuffed animal to marry and carry around with her. I can't keep up! 
"MOM, where is my HUSBAND?!" 
"Honey, I have no idea. Who is your husband?"
"Mom, I willy, willy need my husband!"


We have reached a stable holding pattern with the twins. They can feed themselves, entertain themselves, play nicely with the girls, and are sleeping until 5 am! They are both so loving and affectionate. It might sound crazy, but my favorite thing is when they both climb all over me, alternating between climbing over and under my legs, giving me kisses, pulling my hair, and squealing. I laugh out loud whenever they fight over a toy, because they each have such a distinct "he/she-took-it-from-me" cry, and their sounds bounce back and forth, over and over again!





Every once in a while, at 7 am, when the twins are climbing all over us in bed, and we hear the creak of the door and Elle's raspy voice say "Good morning, guys!" as she climbs in too, and then London, who can never miss out on a family party, pulls herself up and into the covers, I think to myself----this is kind of wonderful. So to Taryn, who is about to embark on the most challenging, most rewarding, and most beautiful responsibility that God will ever give you, I am just SO HAPPY for you!



3 comments:

Tiffeny said...

This made me cry! I love you Bris and am SO thrilled for Taryn!

Elaine said...

I just love your blog. I miss your little ones so much. You are a such wonderful mother. They are so fortunate.

Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.